Poké Bowls originate from Hawaii. They present a perfect fusion between US West Coast and Japanese Kitchen.
What I love about it is the freshness that is provided by exotic fruits with crunchy vegetables and fresh fish. Because of that it is the perfect summer dish (moderate temperature -> less sweating).
It is super easy to make, as you only need to make sure that you have fresh fish and all the other ingredients mise-en-place (prepared, cut, sorted and ready to go).
I tried a miso Mirin mix as dressing this time and it was amazing.
- sticky rice
- protein base, for example salmon, tuna or tofu.
- fresh veggies, carrots, cucumber, edamame or avocado
- fresh fruits, mango or watermelon
- 2Tbsp of miso paste
- 4 Tbsp of water
- 2 Tbsp of Mirin
- 1 Tbsp of kewpie mayo
- a bit of honey
1. Cook the rice
2. Cut your fish and fruit into cubes. And arrange everything on top of the rice
3. Heat all Sauce ingredients in a pan until well mixed and thick. Then let it cool.
4. Drip sauce on top and add some sesame seeds for garnish.