The easy-to-make but dangerously addicting kimchi pancake! 🥬🥞🧆
Kimchi, or korean fermented cabbage, is one of my favorite sides. I first ate this absolute gem of a dish when I was in Japan and some Korean friends made them for me. I love savory snacks and therefore this bomb creation has not left my mind. It's sooo easy to make you should have no trouble making it.
Ingredients (2 pancakes)
- 150 g flour
- 150ml water
- 1 tsp of fine sea salt
- a handful of kimchi, approx 50g
- 2 Tbsp kimchi juice
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- kewpie mayonnaise
1. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, egg, kimchi juice and water. The consistency should be runny but not watery. Adjust flour and water.
2. In a hot pan fry the green spring onion parts with the kimchi.
3. Add the batter and cover everything.
4. Flip the pancake and cook the other side. You may have to add more oil.
5. When both sides are golden brown take it out and cut it into squares.
6. Top with mayonnaise and spring onion
Optional: serve with a small bowl of tsuyu (dipping sauce)